In this day and age it is very hard to keep our standards. Is it worth it? This is a question that I have asked myself many times. A lot of the time its the small things that are the hardest.
One of the (small) things that I have problems with is Modesty. When I go swimming I wear a rash guard. Many people nowadays have a snarky rude comment or two to share about it. It's really makes life hard for me. Not many understand why I wear it, and even fewer that understand the why agree or support me in my choice. Now I'd like to thank the people who do support me in my choice.
Another standard of mine that I struggle to keep is not drinking coffee, especially since I work at a coffee shop. The boss of the boss of my boss has been at my store every day that I have worked. He tries to get me to taste the difference of Iced coffee and Hot coffee, or hand mixed coffee with flavoring and swirled coffee with flavoring. No matter how many times I tell him that I don't drink coffee, He tries again. It's getting a little annoying.
So tell me Whats one of your standards that you have a problem with?
I just wrote a big post and it didn't publish!
ReplyDeleteI'll write it again! You are a great person and are strong to withstand your rude boss' attempts to go against your choice to not drink coffee. I'm proud of you for being strong! My standard I struggle with is not raising my voice when I'm mad, and thinking Christlike thoughts when I see someone being annoying. :)
ReplyDelete