I have a shadow that follows me around,
A living monster who haunts me, but has no sound.
It's always been there, with or without my knowing.
I'm never safe from its power ever-growing.
I feel it near me as I go throughout my day.
I try to hide, but it sees me where ever I may lay.
Though I always smile to everyone I see,
I know there is a monster always following me.
Positive I think, but it always finds a way
To bring in the doubt, I'm always in its sway.
While on my own in its grasp I am held day to day.
With my strength alone life always looked kind of gray,
But I know that on the inside I will always have a guide!
Someone to help me, he takes my worries in his stride.
My God is with me! My salvation to secure!
I'll make it through, though it's not easy to procure.
I know one day my monster will subside,
But for now, I will, in this world reside.
I'll be myself, and always be okay!
Sharing my smile, making someone's day.
I'll keep on praying for strength to overcome,
While I thank my Lord for the person I've become!
No comments:
Post a Comment