Friday, November 13, 2015

It's okay to be different... It's good to be different... Right?

A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.

        When I would sing a few years ago I was a beautiful Tenor! When I would sing last year I was a gorgeous Bass. But now I have to work hard to hit the wonderful bass notes that are in a "bass range", but I can sing the Tenor notes with ease.

        Now that would not be a problem if I was not in a position where I have to sing a song with two other people; and one of the people I sing with has an impossibly, and ridiculously low/deep voice. The other boy that we sing with has a perfect tenor voice, but he keeps finding himself singing "painfully low" notes. When I sing with the later of the two I keep him at the higher note, and it sounds great! But when the third joins in we have a slight problem where my dear friends both sing really deep. So now I have to work hard to master, and control of my deeper register. It's a big balancing act, and it's not the easiest, but I'm hoping it can all work out!

Whatever makes you weird, is probably your greatest asset.
                 ~Joss Whedon

        I asked myself the other day, if I had to move to a different state, or maybe even a different country, how many of my friends would still be my friends when I came back? Which ones would  miss me? And in all honesty, I think there would a very large portion of people that would stay in touch. I am hoping that is because I am a quirky, loud, social, and an oddball not in spite of it. But I'm pretty sure it's because they are good, nice, and caring people! 

        This random question has me thinking, what makes me a good friend? Am I a good friend? What makes a good friend? THINKING CAN GET REALLY PAINFUL, and repetitive... So what do you think makes a good friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment